14 Office Design Tips for SMEs
Small and medium enterprises often find it difficult to settle for office designs that challenge the usual norm of corporate designs. However, for start-ups and offices who are keen on making it big, creating a lasting impression in the minds of clients is a great way to get your engine started.
The more creative you come across through your office design, the more your client can be sure of your potential. To get you started on your plans, here are few tips that you can take into consideration:
- White-board wall: Cover the wall that is common to all with a white board and place some white board pens around. This could work to keep everyone in the loop about upcoming projects, pending targets, and also as a way to motivate one another through inspiring messages.
- Larger windows: Natural light proves to be more effective in keeping one alert as compared to fluorescent bulbs. Make sure you have larger windows that let in as much sunlight as possible without being inconvenient.
- Brand Identity: The smallest of details within an office gives the office space an identity of its own, be it walls, office stationery, coffee mugs, or anything at all. Infusing your brand within these smaller details helps in branding the environment of the office.
- Funky map: Whether your office is small or big, funky, artsy arrows on the walls guiding people towards different rooms or teams can help employees as well as clients save time.
- Books and caffeine: Add a library in your cafeteria filled with books on interesting strategizing methods and motivational reads from famous businessmen. The more creative it is, the better.
- Encourage neatness: Haphazardly kept files and folder tend to make office spaces look smaller than they really are. Asking employees to avoid cluttering makes a good impression and makes your office look more spacious.
- Breakout room: No matter how small you or compact your office, a break room is a must to increase productivity. Unwinding when necessary can often give your brain the boost it needs.
- Employee-centric designs: Get your employees to actively participate in designing your office to give it a homely touch. A wall with colourful handprints of every employee working in your company is a sure way to make them feel important and give your office a unique touch.
- Dash of greenery: Potted plants and shrubs in your office balconies or reception area is not only a welcoming sight for visitors entering your office but also refreshing for the office environment.
- Casual seating: Apart from the usual work desks, having a casual seating arrangement like bean bags and wicker chairs around makes the atmosphere less daunting.
- Brighten it up: Corporate offices often make the mistake of going for dark shades while painting their offices. Opting for bright shades of a primary palette for your office redesign ideas can enliven employees and visitors alike.
- Ensure free movement: While getting cubicles and work desks set up, make sure the employees have enough space to move about and maintain their privacy while ensuring adequate communication.
- Meeting rooms: A conference room that can hold at least ten employees at a time is a must at every organisation. Designing your conference room with intricately carved genuine wood can help you gain the approval of your client as far as choice is concerned. Needless to say, you can hold all your client meetings here.
- Be attentive towards restrooms: While it is the rest of your office that you would mostly be concerned about, having restrooms that are impeccable goes a long way in taking care of the needs of your employees.
Creating an inspiring office takes a lot of patience and its rewards are outstanding. All the tips above can help you in your office redesign plans to create a dream company that is on everyone’s wish list. So, let your office space speak for itself – success, personality, character and vibe will reflect accordingly.
Design Desk India specializes in enhancing the visual environment of work spaces, be it an office, factory or retail. Our design makeovers are fast and effective with no structural changes and minimum workflow disturbances and a quick turnaround.
Find out more on www.designdesk.in/environment-design/ or Contact us today on email@example.com