Rethinking Office Design using Agile Work Environment
Image Source: Office Snapshots
What is an Agile Work Environment and how do you know if your company is well suited to move to an agile work environment? Agile Work Environment means optimizing the use of space by adopting a non-assigned seating model. So instead of having several dedicated work spaces, an organization can optimize its workplace and reduce costs by converting few of these spaces into shared spaces that staff can use as needed. This means that the organization is moving towards activity based working (ABW) in the long run.
ABW area is designed to enhance productivity, creativity and collaboration by making the staff comfortable. Based on the company requirements the workspace can be divided, planned and designed using professional expertise.
So, how does an organization benefit from this setup?
- Able to retain and attract talented employees
- More motivated the employees are, higher will be the work productivity
- Increased collaboration among the office staff
Is the implementation and setup easy? No, here’s why.
- Change is always a challenge for an employee, hence while planning employee suggestion must always be taken
- Without expert consultation, furniture and fittings that suit the space won’t blend. And not to mention the office redesign and décor.
What strategies can the organizations adopt while implementing such a major aesthetic change?
- Plan and oversee future requirements
- Drive positive change with implementation of good office work design
- Prepare their staff to accept the change
Top reasons why your company needs an agile work environment:
- The organization is looking at reducing costs by accommodating more employees in the existing space
- You want to inculcate a collaborative environment and inspire/ motivate your employees
- Half of your staff is either working from home or is out for meetings or business development/ sales
- Your employees do not utilize the communal area or they spent too much time not utilizing interactive spaces at work
Let’s have a look at few companies who have been successful in implementing a great office design using agile work environments.
- Microsoft, Netherlands
- Unilever, Switzerland
- Eneco, Netherlands
It is crucial for an organization to plan early and decide what type of office environment do they want? Do they want a focused space, relaxation space, team meeting space or inspirational space? Or do they really want to set up a flexible work system like Unilever, Microsoft, Eneco or Google, who have been successful in obtaining positive measurable results.
Design Desk India specializes in enhancing the visual environment of work spaces, be it an office, factory or retail. Our design makeovers are fast and effective with no structural changes and minimum workflow disturbances and a quick turnaround.